Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Temperance and procrastination!

I have just lost a whole screed of writing about yesterday - was checking why a photo didn't load and didn't save the draft, in spite of being asked if I wanted to by the kindly pc!.

Brief summary - had a good meeting yesterday about a project I am managing (or not, actually) with some useful feedback. Feedback is such a great tool - I work with a guy who has taught me a lot about its value. We learnt some valuable techniques on the coaching course I did in Ireland and it is so helpful in development and improving performance. Also met with a lovely lady who has a shop in town with premises to let out. She is setting up a centre for well-being and feels that Life Coaching would be a good support to this.

Quite often I pick a tarot card at the start of the day. Sometimes I ask a specific question, others just for guidance. Today I asked what mesage the cards and for my work and relationships. I drew the 7 of Swords which can signify avoiding responsibility, deception, being on yr own, running away and procrastination. I was not sure if this referred to me or to s/one doing this to me so I drew another. This time it was a Major Arcana card, Temperance which I saw it on the bottom of the pack before I shuffled and then drew it after the shuffle. It is tradionally aligned to Sagittarius, my sign, so has more relevance. It can mean moderation, compromise, harmony, balance, health and well being(!), working with others and consolidation.

So the message for me seems to be to beware of self-deception and procrastination and enjoy working with other people. I am certainly tired of tryng to go it alone and would love to work with other, like-minded people more often.

Well, off to see the lady in town and do some coaching with her so she can see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment