Saturday, August 12, 2006

Self Reliance - 9 of Pentacles


Yesterday I had a lovely time with a lady who writes books on metaphysics and magical living. She lives in the Lake District and has created her own concept of how we can appreciate our time here to the full. Her books are full of fascinating insights to another way of being. She was really welcoming and interesting to talk with. Our sons are the same age and our lives have some parallels. It was fascinating to hear how she came to her beliefs and has inspired me to keep on looking for a way to harmonise my searching with a congruent life.

This morning I drew the 9 of Pentacles. This can signify Self-reliance, attainment, refinement and prosperity as a result of past effort. The reliance on self is something that has come to me more so since my Mum died after the break up of my relationship with BM. We often struggle to accept this in our life, but it can make us stronger if we go with it.

However, I have drawn this before, and what always strikes me is that this elegant lady (not at all how I am!) is on her own, with only a hooded bird of prey for company. (The bird is said by some to represent our 'shadow self' or the side which we prefer not to look at. Well, I have done some looking at this side recently and maybe I have faced some painful home truths and got it a little more under control.) It is the 'alone' bit that I would like to change. But for now, I will enjoy what we have and be open to the good things that may be on their way... Now won't that be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment