Monday, August 14, 2006

Heartbreak & Fulfillment


My request to the cards today was 'How can I use my skills to help others?' and I drew the 3 of Swords. As you can see, it is a powerful image and the meaning can seem very clear. Heartbreak, betrayal, loneliness, mourning and other such strong emotions are some of the indicators here. It may imply a necessary cutting off or illness. And how is this relevant to my question? Well, it could mean that past experiences can be used to help others deal with these issues. Certainly in the area of Change and Transition, in which I work, these are some of the major life feelings that my clients all experience at some time. Or it could be a warning of iminent bad news.

I remember doing readings for a close friend and myself last year and we both had this card in the position of forthcoming events... and a short while later she wrote to say that she was going through some intense personal issues and felt our friendship should be put on hold for some time. That bolt from the blue hurt a lot and yet I had to respect her decision and live with it. I only recollected the card position some time later and realised we had both been forwarned.

The next step in getting this card was to consider if this was just a warning, rather than related to work, so I drew another card to see if the message was reinforced. I then drew The Sun, a Major Arcana card which usually indicates success, fulfillment, enlightenment and the time to let your light shine. Well, that seemed very positive so I will sit with the messages and see what thoughts and actions come about soon.

Today my son is bored and I am in a rather distracted frame of mind so am finding it difficult to settle to anyone things. Do you ever get days like that? There are 101 things to do but I can't begin to focus on any one things. The summer holidays mean juggling a number of demands but I think I will just to do what is absolutley necessary and then enjoy time with LS!

No comments:

Post a Comment