Sunday, October 01, 2006

Connections


On Friday I had the first session of the Tarot Life Coaching at Betty & Babs in Kendal. It seemed to go well and the client (sounds rather clinical - wonder what would sound better?) said she found it very helpful. The important thing about what I do is that the power lies with the other person and we both use the cards to get more clarity about a specific question. My role is to ask pertinent questions, challenge views and help the other person to understand their position better. The cards are a starting point.

To gain some inspiration just now, I shuffled the cards and drew this one. Key words include Connection, Truce and Attraction. It has various meanings for me, expecially re the connection with others and an attraction to this work I have started. The truce has come with my past and I feel at peace with its issues. There seem to be some great connections starting to happen in small but significant ways - time will tell where they are going. Unfortunately, there is no special guy to share any other sort of attraction with just now - but maybe he is just waiting for the right moment!

At present I am thinking about intuition and how it can help and hinder us. I use it a lot in my work but sometimes we can be unclear whether it is our intuition or our gremlins connecting with us. The gremlins tend to be negative and drain us, whereas our intuition ....what? In coaching I offer a possible 'intuitive' insight to a client as a possibility, not a direction. Sometimes I confuse intuition with wishful thinking... have you ever done that? It has got me into some intersting scrapes in the past!

So, the musings continue. I want to be able to help others to trust that inner wisdom which we all have, and be able to differentiate between that wisdom and the confusing messages we may also tap into that might not help us. What does your intuition tell you? Do you connect with it enough? How can you develop your inner wisdom to help you to find your own way through life's challenges and enjoy your life more?

1 comment:

  1. I have changed the settings of the Blog to enable anyone to comment so please feel free to add your thoghts, suggestions and musings!

    ReplyDelete