Saturday, October 28, 2006

2 Week Challenge review - better late than never!

It's two weeks since the last posting and it seems a lifetime! I have had a very busy time and am still adjusting to some major shifts in thinking and being. The visit to the astrologer was key to this, in a way I didn't expect. I went to the Mind Body Spirit event in Manchester last week and heard Gill Edwards talk on Wild Love and met lots of interesting people. I am clearer about the Coaching work and my passion for it, and getting out with friends and colleagues is helping to restore much needed balance and stability.
Here is a review of the goals set 3 weeks ago...

1. Get 2 more coaching clients - Yes, but only for 10mins each! CCNET had a stand at a Mind Body Spirit festival in Carlisle and we offered 'On the spot' coaching to give people an idea what it is about. I coached 3 people plus one of our group. I have talked to lots of people about coaching and this will bear fruit in future.
2. Distribute 50 cards about Tarot Life Coaching in local shops and appropriate venues - Yes, some in Betty & Babs and a couple of other shops and also to friends and at the Carlisle event.
3. Advertise for a PA to help me sort out my disorganised work place! - Yes! Through a local network I have met a lovely lady who is coming over on Monday and seems just exactly who I need to sort me out!
4. Update my ICF file on coaching clients for ACC accreditation - No, and I didn't try. Hopefully Chris will help with that.
5. Meet Tarot reader for some more help on the coaching ideas. - Yes, went round to a friend's house for a chat about it and also at two MBS events in Mchstr and Carlisle. I am sure I wnat to offerit as a Coaching tool rather than a divination thing. And the meeting with the astrologer was very illuminating re that ... more later!
6. Contact the person to whom I said I would write an on-line course on Change and Transition and say I won't be doing it (yet). - Yes, and she was fine about it.
7. Say 'No' to at least 5 things! - Probably -not sure, as I haven't counted but I am def saying 'No' to more things and it feels great!
8. Go on a Date.....No, and the dots seemed to indicate my lack of resolve. I did join another dating site and even got chatting to a couple of guys and did not follow it up. I am now sure that that route is not for me. I will meet someone and we will hit it off when the time is right. I had wondered if I was still scared of the idea of dating but I am pretty sure that it is just that other things need to be right, rather than simply saying 'I want to meet someone'. The truth is I want to meet a SPECIAL someone and that will happen when it happens. So a good bit of learning there.
9. Walk for 10mins every other day. - No, but I have done some exercise inclduing a lovely walk on the fells with my Aunt & Uncle, plus walking around the area I live, a long bike ride with A and friends, plus a rigorous Shiatsu session yesterday. I am feeling generally better and will start yoga again this week.
10. Do all of the above!!! - Almost! I truly had not realised how much I had done until I wrote this. And the interesting thing is that I had not kept track of the list once I wrote it.. In fact, I forgot it after a couple of days. The goals I set must have been ones I really wanted to achieve, well, most of them!, and I had also sent out the message to the universe. The one that I amost pleased with meeting Chris who will be a great support - and she recommended a cleaning lady too. So that, combined with a decluttering session with a very helpful coach who helped me to focus on gettng rid of 'stuff', should mean that my living environment will greatly improve.
How did you get on? Congratulate yourself on what you did achieve and have a look at what you didn't. You can learn a lot about yourself from thosethings. Did you REALLY WANT to do them or did you feel you OUGHT to do them? Life is full of OUGHTS and SHOULDS, and sometimes they don't really serve us. What are you currently doing that you feel you SHOULD be doing but would rather not? What do you WANT to do? Why not do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment