Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Quirky Traveller sets out ...


I have not been doing my Blog for some time as I have been busy reinventing myself! It's a very exciting time as I take the plunge and pursue my passion for travel - of the mind, body and spirit. As part of this process I had some quirky pics taken by Karen and Chris of http://www.lordmartin.com/ This one shows the beautiful quilt I got in Pukeiti, New Zealand.

When I was young I had a copy of the Larousse Encyclopaedia of Mythology. I used to dream of visiting all those wonderful places shown in the book - the Acropolis in Athens, the tombs of the Kings in Egypt, Machu Pichu in Peru, the temple at Llhasa in Tibet ... and many more.

In my mid-20s I finally gave up a secure teaching job and a steady boyfriend to go and live in Greece and follow my heart ... It was the most fantastic experience and I have never looked back.

So, on Wednesday 3rd June, I am talking about this journey at the Mirehouse, near Keswick with the lovely ladies of http://www.foodandcompany.co.uk/ They're going to be demonstrating how to cook some tasty Greek dishes and then there will be a delicious lunch served in the grounds of historic Mirehouse, on the shores on Bassenthwaite Lake. Join us if you can for a "Taste Of Greece With the REAL Mamma Mia!" - book via the Food & Co website.

Finally, what dreams are you holding in your heart? Do you really want to make them a reality? What one thing could you do today to move that dream nearer to reality? Let me know - I would love to hear about them. Happy travelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment